So much happened in 2021 here at The Brainy Business and in the Palmer household, it has been really crazy to sit and reflect upon it for this episode. Here’s a quick summary of the highlights before we get to the content:
- In January, I started teaching a new class at Texas A&M University through the certificate in Applied Behavioral Economics via the Human Behavior Lab.
- In March, we rolled out a new version of The Brainy Business website and on May 1st, I launched my free group of behavioral economics enthusiasts from around the world which currently has over 500 members.
- I also had my very first book, What Your Customer Wants and Can’t Tell You come out on May 11, 2021, and I got to be part of some amazing events this past year sharing about it and other parts of my work.
- And, while I didn’t talk about it too much publicly, I had a baby in 2021! The Brainy Baby, Mr. Hudson Grey Palmer was born on August 9th and is a fantastic addition to our family. Look how cute he is. 🙂
There is a whole episode dedicated to the Best of The Brainy Business in 2021, and this blog summarizes the top content. Thank you all for listening, sharing, subscribing, and being a fan of The Brainy Business! I hope you find some of your favorites here, as well as new stuff to check out based on listener and reader feedback!
The Brainy Business Podcast – Top Downloads of 2021
- 10) Episode 136 – Temptation Bundling: A Simple Trick to Reach Your Goals
- 9) Episode 165 – The Era of Applied Behavioral Economics, with Matej Sucha
- 8) Episode 158 – 3 Steps to Better Decision Making, with Matthew Confer
- 7) Episode 160 – Neuroscience and Psychology in the Business World, with Matt Johnson
- 6) Episode 171 – The Paradox of Choice: Why Less is More
- 5) Episode 164 – Engaged, with Amy Bucher
- 4) Episode 140 – How Simple Nudges Can Save Hundreds of Millions, with Benny Cheung
- 3) Episode 159 – A Behavioral Economics Analysis of Amazon
- 2) Episode 144 – A Behavioral Economics Analysis of Disney
- 1) Episode 157 – Robert Cialdini and the (Now!) 7 Principles of Persuasion
The Brainy Business Podcast – Top Downloads of All Time
- 10) Episode 111 – Avoiding Everyday Work Disasters, with Gleb Tsipursky
- 9)Episode 62 – Game Theory: Life And Business Are A Game…Do You Know The Rules?
- 8) Episode 102 – Confirmation Bias: How Your Subconscious Beliefs Shape Your Experiences
- 7) Episode 83 – How to Organize Your Brain with Behavioral Economics
- 6) Episode 61 – Color Theory: When It Comes To Color, This 1 Thing Matters More Than Anything Else
- 5) Episode 86 – A Behavioral Economics Analysis of Peloton
- 4) Episode 5 – The Truth About Pricing
- 3) Episode 73 – Starbucks: A Behavioral Economics Analysis
- 2) Episode 2 – The Top 5 Wording Mistakes Businesses Make
- 1) Episode 1 – Unlocking the Secrets of the Brain
Inc Column: Behavioral Economics and Business by Melina Palmer
- 10) Here’s How to Send a LinkedIn Connection Request to Someone You Haven’t Met Before Without Sounding Like Spam
- 9) Still Trying to Multitask? How to Make More Time for Deep Work
- 8) A Starbucks Barista Asked Me This 1 Simple Question, and Using It May Be a Great Way to Boost Your Sales
- 7) Dread Going to Work Everyday? The Culprit May Be Hanging In Your Office
- 6) 1 Simple Brain Trick That Can Help You Overcome Self-Doubt Forever
- 5) The Font Size on Your Price Tags Could Be Reducing Your Sales by 28 Percent. Here’s How to Fix It
- 4) Forget Brainstorming. Try Questionstorming.
- 3) Feeling Unproductive? This Brain Bias Could Be to Blame
- 2) Why You Hate Seeing Your Face in Video Meetings
- 1) Don’t Ask, “What Are You Thankful For?” Try This Instead
What was your favorite content of 2021? What would you like to see covered in 2022? Let me know in the comments below or on social media, and thanks for everything!