2020 was a content-filled year for The Brainy Business: 52 podcast episodes (we hit a 1/4 million downloads this year!), 18 articles on Inc, two television appearances, I finished my book (WOO!) which comes out later this year, began teaching for the Certificate in Applied Behavioral Economics at Texas A&M University, and enjoyed countless interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and (the now award winning!) YouTube channel.
In case you missed any of it…I wanted to share the top lists of 2020: most read articles and most downloaded episodes. Have you read and listened to them all yet? Did your favorites make the lists? Let me know on social media (links above) and I look forward to continuing to create and share all the content with you in 2021!
The Brainy Business Podcast – Top Downloads of 2020
- 10) Episode 99 – Bikeshedding: Why the Simplest Tasks can Keep You Stuck
- 9) Episode 84 – How to Stack and Bundle Products and Services So They Are Most Appealing to Potential Customers
- 8) Episode 87 – Social Proof: How to Use Herding to Boost Engagement and Sales
- 7) Episode 81 – How to Finally Change Your Behavior So It Sticks
- 6) Episode 104 – How to Ethically Influence People, an Interview with Brian Ahearn
- 5) Episode 101 – On Shapa, the Numberless Scale, an Interview with Dan Ariely
- 4) Episode 91 – Coronavirus and How the Brain Responds to Pandemics
- 3) Episode 102 – Confirmation Bias: How Your Subconscious Beliefs Shape Your Experiences
- 2) Episode 83 – How to Organize Your Brain with Behavioral Economics
- 1) Episode 86 – A Behavioral Economics Analysis of Peloton
The Brainy Business Podcast – Top Downloads of All Time
- 10) Episode 102 – Confirmation Bias: How Your Subconscious Beliefs Shape Your Experiences
- 9) Episode 50 – Selective Attention Biases
- 8) Episode 62 – Game Theory: Life And Business Are A Game…Do You Know The Rules?
- 7) Episode 5 – The Truth About Pricing
- 6) Episode 83 – How to Organize Your Brain with Behavioral Economics
- 5) Episode 61 – Color Theory: When It Comes To Color, This 1 Thing Matters More Than Anything Else
- 4) Episode 86 – A Behavioral Economics Analysis of Peloton
- 3) Episode 73 – Starbucks: A Behavioral Economics Analysis
- 2) Episode 2 – The Top 5 Wording Mistakes Businesses Make
- 1) Episode 1 – Unlocking the Secrets of the Brain
Inc Column: Behavioral Economics and Business by Melina Palmer
- 10) The Font Size on Your Price Tags Could Be Reducing Your Sales by 28 Percent. Here’s How to Fix It
- 9)Forget Brainstorming. Try Questionstorming.
- 8) Why You Hate Seeing Your Face in Video Meetings
- 7) These 5 Simple Concepts of Behavioral Economics Can Drastically Improve Your Marketing Efforts
- 6) Still Trying to Multitask? How to Make More Time for Deep Work
- 5) This Simple Framework Can Help You Sell More of Anything
- 4) Why You Should Ditch Your Flimsy, Paper Business Cards Right Now
- 3) 1 Simple Brain Trick That Can Help You Overcome Self-Doubt Forever
- 2) Feeling unproductive? This brain bias could be to blame
- 1) A Starbucks Barista Asked Me This 1 Simple Question, and Using It May Be a Great Way to Boost Your Sales
What was your favorite content of 2020? What would you like to see covered in 2021? Let me know in the comments below or on social media, and thanks for everything!